Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before entering into any Vehicle Hire Agreement.
These Terms & Conditions apply to any Vehicle Hire Agreement entered into between Enviro Vehicles Limited and the customer, refered to hereunder as "The Hirer".
These Terms & Conditions do not affect any statutory or consumer credit regulations existing in law or imposed/offered by the Credit Card and Insurance Companies involved.
1. The Rental Period
The conditions of any Vehicle Hire Agreement apply to any vehicles rented from Enviro Vehicles Limited for the Rental Period shown on the Vehicle Hire Agreement. Enviro Vehicles Limited may agree to extend this Rental Period but the Rental Period may not normally exceed 30 days.
If The Hirer does not return the vehicle at the time stated, then he/she is breaking the Conditions in the Vehicle Hire Agreement. Enviro Vehicles Limited will charge The Hirer for every day or part-day until it is returned at the full daily rate for that vehicle.
Extension of the Rental Period is only possible with the express permission of Enviro Vehicles Limited and will be subject to further advance payment.
All rates quoted are exclusive of fuel. Rates quoted include insurance as stipulated, major maintenance, roadside assistance and oil. Rates are subject to change without notice.
We work out our charges using our Current Price List, and all prices include VAT. The Hirer will be responsible for paying the following charges:
- The rental and any other charges we work out accordingly to this agreement.
- Any charge for loss or damage resulting from you not keeping to your responsibilities, as set out on section 3 (below).
- The first 200 miles per day are included in the vehicle hire price. After that, a charge of £0.10 (10 pence) for each additional mile thereafter is applied.
- Fuel Cost is the hirer's own responsibility. If the vehicle is hired with a full tank and returned with the tank emptied, the difference will be charged to the hirer. If the vehicle is returned with more fuel than original, no refund can be made.
- Delivery & Collection is free for any nominated Airport on the Vehicle Hire Pages of our website. Delivery & collection outside of these nominated locations will be chargeable.
- All charges and legal costs for any congestion charge, road-traffic offence or parking offence involving the rental vehicle, including costs from the vehicle being clamped, seized or towed away. You are responsible for paying the appropriate authority or company for any charges and costs if and when they ask for these payments. There would be an administration charge for processing parking/congestion and bus lane fines.
- The reasonable cost of repairing any damage to the vehicle which was not noted at the start of the Vehicle Hire Agreement, weather you were at fault or not. You will also be responsible for paying the reasonable cost of replacing the vehicle if it is stolen or written off, depending on any insurance you have if and when we demand payment.
- A loss-of-income charge, when we demand it, if we cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired, if it is a write-off (it cannot be repaired), or if it has been stolen and we are waiting to receive full payment of the vehicle's value.
- We will only charge you for loss of income if we cannot get back our losses under the Damage Protection Programme. We will charge you at the published rate. We will always do everything we can to make sure we repair the vehicle or get back our costs as soon as possible.
- Any recovery charges arising from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the police, or any other public organisation (or their agent) who has seized the vehicle.
- There are charges for accessories such as child car seats, satellite navigation systems. Child seats are mandatory in the UK and must be requested at the time of booking. Although instructions will be provided you will be required to fit the child seat yourself.
- We will work out all charges in line with this agreement, and they will include VAT (if this applies). You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
A deposit is required in case of parking fines, congestion charges, penalties or damages to the vehicle incurred during the hire period. The reason for this is due to potential administration charges that we are liable for when the hirer is unaware of, or for some reason has not informed us of any of these charges. When charges, fines or traffic violations occur then an administration fee of £50.00** is imposed.
A minimum deposit is required on all vehicles as follows;
- £500 for drivers aged 25 years and over
- £750 for drivers aged 22 to 24 years old
The deposit must be paid at the commencement of the Vehicle Hire Agreement. All rental deposits will be held for a minimum of 10 working days after the vehicle has been returned.
4. Document Requirements
The following documents are required FOR EACH NAMED DRIVER before being able to hire a vehicle in the UK:
- UK (British), EU or International Driving Licence/Permit
- For UK Licences, all parts must be shown
- A Passport, valid for the entire period of hire
- For UK Drivers, 2 x utility bills must be shown
- In case of Licence Endorsements, most are acceptable but please confirm prior to entering into any Vehicle Hire Agreement.
Additional Driver Charges are detailed in the EXTRAS section of the Vehicle Hire pages of our website.
Full details and further information can be viewed on the Document Requirements page of our website.
5. The Hirer's Responsibilities
- The Hirer must look after the vehicle and keys. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device which is fitted or which we supply. The Hirer must make sure that he/she uses the correct fuel.
- The Hirer must always protect the hire vehicle, interior and exterior, against adverse weather conditions which could cause any type of damage.
- The Hirer is responsible for any damage to the vehicle, including damage caused by hitting low-level objects such as bridges or branches. This applies irrespective of whether or not The Hirer has opted for Collision Damage Waiver.
- The Hirer must not sell or attempt to sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts.
- The Hirer must not give anyone any legal rights over the hire vehicle or transfer or attempt to transfer legal ownership of the vehicle or any of its parts, including any extras such as Child Seats, GPS devices or other items included at the time of hire.
- The Hirer must not let anyone work on the vehicle without the express permission of Enviro Vehicles Limited.
- You must let us know as soon as you become aware of any defect(s) in the vehicle or if the vehicle has been stolen or involved in an accident.
- If we have agreed to deliver a vehicle at an address you have given the liability for damage and theft shall begin on delivery of the vehicle. The Hirer must bring the vehicle back to the agreed return (drop-off) location, and at the time specified in Vehicle Hire Agreement. If we have agreed to allow you to return the vehicle outside of our opening hours, you will be responsible for the hire vehicle and its condition until our staff have performed their vehicle checks.
- Damages such as windscreen chip and tyre damage are not included in the excess.
- The Hirer will have to pay for repairs if the vehicle needs more than Enviro Vehicles Limited standard valeting (cleaning), or if the vehicle has been damaged either inside or outside.
- The Hirer must check before he/she brings back the vehicle that he/she has not left any belongings in the vehicle. You are responsible for removing your personal belongings from the vehicle at the end of the rental period, as we are not responsible for any items you leave in the vehicle.
6. Enviro Vehicles Limited Responsibilities
- We will identify and tell you about any existing damage to the vehicle before you sign the Vehicle Hire Agreement
- We have maintained the hire vehicle to the manufacturer's recommended standards
- We will ensure that the hire vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for you to use at the start of the rental period
- Enviro Vehicles Limited will identify and agree any existing damage with The Hirer on the Vehicle Check-In Slip
7. Our Motor Insurance & Damage Protection Scheme
If we arrange separate motor insurance, we will give you information on the motor insurance cover and any restrictions which may apply. Otherwise, the conditions of our motor insurance and damage protection will apply. We have a legal responsibility to have third-party motor insurance. This provides cover for claims if you injure or kill anybody, or damage their property. Cover for damage property is limited to £1 million.
8. Using the Hirer's Own Insurance
You may arrange your own motor insurance to cover your legal responsibility for any loss, or if the vehicle is stolen or damaged, for the full period you are renting the vehicle for. You must prove that this motor insurance is valid and sign a confirmation.
We have the right to agree/disagree to any of the following:
- The amount of cover you arrange
- The type of policy you choose
- The Insurance Company you choose.
We must be satisfied with the insurance cover and policy conditions, and you must not change them. We may ask your insurers to record our name as the owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen we will negotiate any settlement for loss or damage with your insurers, and we will receive any money pay out. This includes allowing us to take legal action in your name and defending any proceedings taken against you. You are responsible for paying the full claim and paying all costs if the policy you have arranged fails and the vehicle is damaged, lost, stolen or someone else makes a claim.
9. In case of Motoring Accident or Vehicle Theft
If you are involved in an accident, you must not admit that you are responsible. You should describe the situation as fully as possible when you are asked to do so by the police and us. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also:
- Make sure the vehicle is secure
- Inform the Police immediately if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over who is responsible
- You should then contact us at our office or on the emergency number you were provided with
In case of an Accident, you must than fill in our Accident Report Form and either post it or deliver it to our office.
In the case of Vehicle Theft you must advise us IN WRITING at the earliest.
You must also remember to:
- Write down and inform us and the police of the names and addresses of any witnesses
- Send us/deliver to us any notices or other documents relating to any legal proceedings arising out of theft or loss
- Be prepared to help us and our insurers in any legal proceedings, including allowing us to take legal action in your name and defending any legal action taken against you
- Hand back the vehicle keys as soon as possible after the event.
10. Conditions for using the Hire Vehicle
Only yourself or other named driver on the Vehicle Hire Agreement, or authorised persons we have given written permission to can drive the vehicle. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full driving license which is valid in the European Economic Area for the type of vehicle you are renting.
You must not use the vehicle or let someone else use it for any of the following purposes;
- B1 for any illegal purposes or in a way which would cause nuisance
- B2 to carry passengers for a fee
- B3 for giving/receiving driving lessons
- B4 to tow or push any vehicle, trailer or other object, without our written permission
- B5 for racing, pace making, or to test the vehicle's reliability, speed or any other aspect of its performance
- B6 off roads or on roads unsuitable for the vehicle
- B7 if the driver has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs
- B8 outside the United Kingdom unless we have given you written permission and a Vehicle on Hire Certificate
- B9 if it is loaded beyond manufacture's maximum weight recommendations
- B10 to carry unsecured loads
- B11 to carry more passengers than the vehicle was manufactured to legally carry.
11. Data Protection
By entering into any Vehicle Hire Agreement you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement. We will use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break the terms of the Vehicle Hire Agreement we can pass on your personal information to credit-reference agencies, debt collectors, the police or any other relevant organisation. We can also pass on this information to any other third party or association for the purposes of crime prevention and to protect any assets whatsoever associated with the Vehicle Hire Agreement or the Hire Company, associated Leasing or Insurance Companies, or any other connected body, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
12. Termination of a Vehicle Hire Agreement
In the case of a Private Individual, we reserve the right to end this agreement if;
- a court order has been sought to remove property and belongings in order to pay off debts, or a receiving order has been made against you
- we feel you have not met one or more of the requirements stipulated herein.
In the case of a Company, Society or other Incorporated Body, we reserve the right to end this agreement if;
- you go into liquidation
- you call a meeting with your creditors
- a court order has been made to remove property and chattels in order to pay off debts
- we feel you have not met one or more of the requirements stipulated herein.
In case of Termination of a Vehicle Hire Agreement, this will not affect our right to receive any amount owing, either from vehicle rental charges, or any other charges incurred during the rental period, such as parking fines, congestion charges, fixed-charge driving penalties, vehicle damage or any other eventuality.
We also reserve the right to claim all reasonable costs from you if you do not meet any of the conditions of a Vehicle Hire Agreement and shall repossess the vehicle and charge you an administration fee and any additional costs incurred by us for doing so.
Printed copies of these Terms & Conditions are available from our office, and will be included as part of the Vehicle Hire Agreement. If you have any questions regarding the conditions stipulated herein, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Services on 0208-567-5500